Please note that due to the recent government advice for people to distance themselves from other people as much as possible, all Community Council meetings have been cancelled until at least the end of May. This is to protect everyone in the community. Further information will be available as and when things change.
Community Council elections
Find out the results of previous Community Council elections.
Community Councils are bodies that play a vital role in representing the views of the community to local authorities and other public bodies. Their term of office is 3 years. They have no executive powers but are statutory consultees on planning and licensing matters.
Anyone 16 years of age and over who lives in the Community Council area and whose name is on the electoral register can be nominated or apply to become a Community Councillor.
To view the governance arrangements for Community Councils please see our governance page
- Ashley and Broomhill - not established
- Braeside and Mannofield
- Bridge of Don
- Bucksburn and Newhills
- Castlehill and Pittodrie
- City Centre
- Cove and Altens
- Craigiebuckler and Seafield
- Cults, Bieldside and Milltimber
- Dyce and Stoneywood
- Ferryhill and Ruthrieston - not established
- Froghall, Powis and Sunnybank
- George Street
- Kincorth and Leggart
- Mastrick, Sheddocksley and Summerhill
- Old Aberdeen
- Queens Cross and Harlaw
- Rosehill and Stockethill - not established
- Rosemount and Mile End
- Seaton and Linksfield - not established
- Torry - not established
- Woodend - not established
- Woodside and Hilton