If you can’t resolve your issue online, call the number for the relevant service as detailed below.
Calls will be free for many of our customers. Some of our services have 0800 freephone numbers and if you have 'free minutes' in your call plan, your call to any of our 03000 numbers will be included. Calls from a BT line cost 11p per minute, the same as a local call.
The Council has a free support line for those hardest hit, who are unable to find a link to support on our dedicated Coronavirus (Covid-19) page or through existing networks.
The number is 0800 0304 713 and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can contact us for welfare advice and emotional support, including what to do if you are struggling to get food or pay bills.
You can make an online application at any time for a crisis grant and self isolation grant.
Request a gas repair including emergencies (Council Tenants)
If you are experiencing a problem with a gas appliance such as a gas central heating, hot water or other boiler issues, including a leaking heating system you should call Gascall:
01224 937 788 (open 24hrs, 7 days a week)
03000 200 292 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, for:
- Make a payment - option 1 (automated payment line available 24 hours a day)
- Housing repairs - option 2
- Housing enquiries including tenancy support and housing applications - option 2
- Council tax, benefits and business rates - option 3
- Waste and environment - option 4
- Planning, environmental health and trading standards - option 4
- Parking, roads, streets and transport - option 5
- Registrars, bereavement and archives - option 6
Education and culture
03000 200 293 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, for:
- Accord card and national entitlement cards - option 1
- Libraries (loans, renewals and general enquiries) and information services - option 2
- Museums and galleries - option 3
- Schools (school placings and school transport), nurseries and children's services - option 4
- Pupil welfare (school clothing grants, education maintenance allowance and free school meals) - option 5
- Family Information Service - option 6