The quickest way to submit an enquiry to us is through our online forms. Your request will be routed directly to staff in that service area who can help.
Our Aberdeen City Council chatbot, AB-1 is available 24/7 on our website and can help you with your queries on council tax, education, roads & streetlighting and waste & recycling services.
For most customers these calls will be free. If you have 'free minutes' in your call plan, the 03000 numbers will be included in this. Calls from a BT line cost 11p per minute, the same as a local call.
During this difficult period, we are experiencing significant pressures and need to prioritise the services we deliver. Therefore, only emergency housing repairs will be carried out at present. Please only report an emergency when there is an immediate danger to your health and safety, or serious damage to the property.
03000 200 292 Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm, for:
- Make a payment (automated 24/7) (option 1)
- Housing and housing repairs (8am - 6pm) (option 2)
- Council tax, benefits and business rates (8am - 6pm) (option 3)
- Waste and environment (option 4)
- Planning, environmental health and trading standards (option 4)
- Parking, roads, streets and transport (option 5)
- Registrars, bereavement and archives (option 6)
Crisis Support line
The Council has a free crisis support line for those hardest hit, who are unable to find a link to support on our dedicated Coronavirus (Covid-19) page or through existing networks.
The number is 0800 0304 713 and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
From 8am to 8pm you can contact us for welfare advice and emotional support, including what to do if you are struggling to get food or pay bills.
From 8pm to 8am you can contact us for any urgent emotional support you require.
This is not a medical helpline. If you require medical assistance you should contact NHS 24 on 111.
To make an online application at any time for a crisis grant, please go to crisis grant.
How to contact us in an emergency
If you need to contact us in an emergency, outwith our office hours of Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm or on a public holiday, please phone 03000 200 292 for:
- Housing repairs (option 2)
- Waste and recycling (option 4)
- Trees, grounds and parks (option 4)
- Environmental health and trading standards (option 4)
- Roads and street lighting (option 5)
Education and Culture
03000 200 293 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, for:
- Accord card and national entitlement cards (option 1)
- Libraries (loans, renewals and general enquiries) and information services (option 2)
- Museums and galleries (option 3)
- Schools (school placings and school transport), nurseries and children's services (option 4)
- Pupil welfare (school clothing grants, education maintenance allowance and free school meals) (option 5)
- Family Information Service (option 6)
03000 200 291 Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm, for:
- City Events
- Elections Unit
- Freedom of Information Enquiries
- Home Energy Conservation
- International Relations and External Funding
- Press and Media Enquiries
- Property Enquiries Service
- Tenant and Community Engagement Team
- Anti-Social Behaviour (9am to 4am) - 0800 0510 434
- Crisis Grants (Scottish Welfare Fund, 8am to 6pm) - 0800 0304 713
- Homelessness (24 hour) - 0800 9176 379
- Social Work (First point of contact, 24 hour) - 0800 7315 520
Deaf or hard of hearing
British Sign Language (BSL) users can contact us direct by using contactSCOTLAND-BSL
Alternatively you can use the Next Generation Text Service also known as Text Relay by dialling 18001 + the required telephone number listed above.
We share details of news, events and service updates on our social media channels. We monitor our social media accounts during working hours, Monday to Friday, except on public holidays. We respond to as many messages or comments as we can.
If your query is urgent, serious or involves personal details, please choose another way to contact us.
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, the following Customer Access Points are currently closed:
- Mastrick Customer Access Point
- Kincorth Customer Access Point
- Woodside Fountain Centre (within Woodside Fountain Centre)
Our Customer Service Centre at Marischal College Customer Service Centre, will be open 10.30am-1pm, Monday to Friday, until further notice. There will be a restricted service offering for the following:
- Dropping off of evidence for benefit claims and council tax
- Crisis grant payments
- Licensing applications and payment
Any customers presenting without an appointment will be directed to the phones or a self-serve PC depending on the nature of their request.
You can still contact us online or by telephone. Payments can be made online or by phone. Rent and Council Tax can also be paid at your local Paypoint.
Aberdeen City Council Customer Service Centre
(please also specify service)
Would you like to give feedback about the website?