Aberdeen City Council has updated and improved its existing Housing Online portal.
Housing Online allows you to manage many aspects of your tenancy online using a computer/laptop, smart phone or tablet at a time that suits you.
What can you do on Housing Online?
Customers will be able to log into their account to:
- Check your rent account and make payments at any time
- Get housing advice by completing a housing options checker
- Apply for a council house and amend an existing application
- Upload documents or images to support an application, report, or request
- Update contact information
You can also contact us if you want to:
- transfer or add someone to your tenancy
- apply for the garden maintenance scheme
- tell us you want to end your tenancy
- tell us you want to change your name
- tell us about a proposed lodger
- request additional communal door keys or fobs
- request permission to sub-let your property
- request permission for a pet
- request housing support
- request information about your mutual exchange
- request information about our downsizing scheme
- report flytipping within a communal garden or block
- report graffiti issues within a communal block or garden
- Apply for landlord consent to make changes to your home
How to register for Housing Online
To access any of the above services, and much more, you need to log in or re-register for your online account. Please watch our short video about how to register for housing online or follow our step by step guide.
Existing applicants and tenants will need their:
rent payment reference - 8-digit number which you can find in your lease pack, online banking reference, Bank Standing Order, Direct Debit guarantee or any other rent document
application reference - 7 digit number starting with a 2 which you can find on your registration email or letter.