Antisocial behaviour

Aberdeen City Council takes anti-social behaviour and the impact it can have on those affected, very seriously. We strive to offer the best possible service to residents to address and resolve any incidents and will rigorously investigate complaints whilst providing support and advice to help our residents and communities feel safer.

If you are affected by anti-social behaviour, please contact us. Our number is 0800 05 10 434. If the anti-social behaviour is ongoing and a call out is required, we will discuss Covid safety with you ahead of our arrival.

Whilst our services are available between 9am and 4am each day, we are currently operating a limited service and may not be available to respond immediately.  If staff are not duty at the time of your call, please email us at, including your name, address and telephone number and an officer will give you a call back as soon as possible. 

Anti-social behaviour can also be reported to your Housing and Support Officer or by calling Police Scotland on 101, or if you wish to remain anonymous by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. Any information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Contact details

Antisocial Behaviour Investigation Team
Aberdeen City Council
Marischal College
AB10 1AB

0800 0510434

Antisocial behaviour is acting in a manner that causes or is likely to cause alarm or distress. Noisy neighbours, litter and graffiti and disorder are examples of antisocial behaviour.

Antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated and residents have a right to live peacefully in safe and secure communities.

Citizens have a responsibility to treat neighbours and others in the wider community with respect. We all have a responsibility to report antisocial behaviour so that it can be stopped and respite offered to victims.

If you rent your home you should report problems with neighbours to your landlord. Council tenants should contact their local housing office. Your landlord will be able to advise you on the steps that can be taken to stop the problem. If you own your own home or want general advice you can contact the Council's Antisocial Behaviour Investigation Team (ASBIT) for assistance. Antisocial behaviour which is not related to housing or which you consider to be serious should be reported to Police Scotland.

Each case is considered individually. In most cases problems can be resolved through discussion, mediation or warnings. SACRO - Aberdeen Community Mediation Service operates an independent mediation service which resolves disputes and helps those involved reach an agreement which everyone can live with. You may contact the service directly or ask to be referred by the agency or landlord dealing with your complaint. When voluntary solutions are not effective or appropriate then enforcement action can be taken. The type of enforcement action depends on the circumstances. The law is on your side and the Scottish Parliament has introduced the Antisocial Behaviour etc. (Scotland) Act 2004 to allow agencies to stand up to the minority whose behaviour causes serious nuisance in communities. Powers include:

  • Allowing the police to close premises that are the focus of constant antisocial behaviour.
  • Allowing the police to disperse groups of people who are causing significant persistent and serious antisocial behaviour.
  • Banning the sale of spray paint to under 16s.
  • Statutory power of arrest if an antisocial behaviour order (ASBO) is breached.
  • Extending ASBOs to 12-15 year olds You can view the Scottish Government's Guide to the Antisocial Behaviour etc. (Scotland) Act 2004 from their website.
Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.