The Community Care Service provides help for people of all ages who experience difficulty coping with everyday activities due to disability, illness and/or the ageing process. The aim of Community Care is to provide a comprehensive service to enable people to remain as independent as possible within the community.
We can provide the following:
- An assessment of your ability and needs that generally takes place at home. During the assessment your physical, psychological, social and cultural needs and the needs of your carer will be taken into consideration.
- Advice to you and your carers on coping with problems that arise in everyday life as a result of your condition.
- Support services to assist individuals to live at home. This may include personal care, meals service, community alarm and day care.
- Admission to residential care for those individuals no longer able to live at home.
- A service to respond to and manage appropriately any concern about the protection of vulnerable adults.