You can pay your Council Tax in a number of different ways. Remember, if you do not pay your Council Tax as detailed on your bill you could incur additional charges.
The easiest way to pay your Council Tax bill is by Direct Debit.
Your direct debit is quick and easy to set up or amend and is covered by the direct debit guarantee. To set up a direct debit you can either:
- Phone us on 03000 200 292; or
- Download a Direct Debit Instruction and return it to one of our offices listed below or post it to Marischal College.
You can choose to spread your Direct Debit payments over 10 or 12 months of the financial year from April. There are a choice of dates available (5th, 15th, 20th and 28th of each month).
However, if your Direct Debit is set up part way through the year the instalments may be spread over the remaining months of the financial year.
If you are currently paying by Direct Debit over 10 months you can amend this to spread your payments over the full financial year.
Pay your council tax online by debit or credit card. Further help with online payments is available on our help page.
Call 03000 200 292 to use our automated service to make payments for a range of Council services.
You will need to provide the bank details below and use your Council Tax Reference Number as your Payment Reference Number.
Account Name: Aberdeen City Council
Account Number: 70009126
Sort Code: 82-60-11
You can pay by cash, cheque, credit or debit card at the following locations:
If you are paying by cheque, please either ask for a receipt when you make your payment, or give us your email address so that we can send you a receipt. We only provide receipts on request and we don't issue them by post.
- Each year payment of Council Tax is required to be made over 10 or 12 monthly instalments, starting in April.
- Payments are due on or before the 1st of each month, unless you pay by Direct Debit.
- Alternatively, you can pay in full for the year in a lump sum on or before 1 April.
- Remember, if you do not pay your Council Tax as detailed on your bill you could incur additional charges.
- You must continue to pay your Council Tax whilst waiting on the outcome of a decision/review.
- If you are having difficulty paying please contact us as soon as possible. Our Benefits and Money Advice service can offer advice if you are finding it difficult to keep on top of your bills.