Before you contact us
If your enquiry is to obtain confirmation of:
- Your Council Tax liability
- Your Council Tax balance
- Details on payments made, or any changes to your payment method
- Any award and calculation of your Council Tax Reduction
This information can be obtained by using your council tax reference and registering through our secure Register for Self Service.
Please ensure that you provide your Council Tax reference number or full name and address if contacting us.
Many of our services are available online.
- If you want to tell us you have or are moving home, complete our Change of Address form.
- If you want to apply for discount or exemption, complete our Discount or Exemption form.
- If you are a landlord or leasing agent and want to tell us a tenant is moving in or out, complete our Report a change of tenancy for Landlords form.
If your enquiry is not listed on our website you can contact us via our online form.
Our email is no longer in use. Please contact us using our online form which will ensure your enquiry is forwarded to the right team to respond to your query.
If you can't find what you are looking for online, you can call us on 03000 200 292.
Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Visit us in person
If you would like to speak to someone in person you will need to make an appointment. To book an appointment at one of our offices, please call 03000 200 292.
Write to us
Revenues and Benefits
Business Hub 16
Third Floor West, Marischal College
Fax: 01224 346700
We do not send out any e-mails asking customers to click on any links which asks them to provide personal details.
If you receive an unexpected e-mail from the Council Tax team, please ensure it has originated from an aberdeencity.gov.uk account.
To do this hover over the FROM display name to see what email address pops up (to hover, move your pointer, over the information that you want to verify). If using a smart phone or tablet you will have to tap on it. It is common for an attacker to spoof a display name to look like it is coming from a legitimate account. When you hover over the display name you may find that the email has been sent from someone else.
If you are in any doubt, please contact us.