Apply for a council house

Our Housing Online Portal will be unavailable from 4pm on Friday 6 August due to essential maintenance. Normal service should resume on Tuesday 10 August. We apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

We are currently still offering viewings and lease signing appointments to anyone who has been offered a house by the council. If you are made an offer and decide not to move then you can let us know at that point.

To apply for a council house you must register and complete a self assessment with the Housing Advice service.

Apply online

Apply online by registering and completing the options checker. There are two sections to complete, the first part is to register your details.  

If you aren’t a council tenant you should register by completing the Non ACC tenants - Registration for Housing Online form. 

If you are a council tenant you should register by completing the ACC Tenants Registration and Rent Online form.

Once you have registered you should complete the Housing Options and Advice self-assessment form.

Apply over the phone

For help completing a housing advice self assessment contact the Housing Advice service on 03000 200 292


Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.