The Housing Support Team offers short term, confidential support to help you manage your tenancy and maintain your accommodation. We can also help you to develop your independent living skills.
Who can access support
This service is available if you are over 16 and live in Aberdeen City. Your Housing Officer, Social Worker or another professional who you are working with can refer you to the service.
We give priority to people referred who are:
• Homeless, or threatened with homelessness.
• In need of support to maintain their tenancy, whether it’s for a new property or one they already live in.
You will be assigned a Support Officer who will be your main point of contact for as long as you access the service.
How we can support you
When you are referred to us, as part of the assessment we will support you to identify achievable goals. We can then with work with you to:
• Assess your housing support needs and provide short term support.
• Help with arranging rent payments, reporting repairs and other tenancy issues.
• Help you with budgeting your money and managing bills.
• Settle you into your tenancy, including registering with energy providers.
• Help with paperwork relating to your tenancy, filling in forms or writing letters.
• Put you in touch with other services and/or refer you to our partner agencies for long term support.
• Manage your finances or pay bills for you.
• Provide personal care, such as help with washing and dressing.
• Do housework, cooking or repairs for you.
• Drive you to appointments or attend social events with you.
• Collect prescriptions or dispense medication.
• Give counselling.
• Resolve disputes between you and other people.
Phone us on 01224 522301.
Would you like to give feedback about the website?