Our Housing and Support Service offers short term, confidential and personalised support to over 16’s living in an Aberdeen City Council property.
We will help you manage your tenancy and maintain your accommodation. We can also help you to develop your independent living skills through advice, guidance, and practical support. The support provided will build on your existing skills, strengths, and knowledge to help you to manage your tenancy independently and/or to know how and where to get help.
How we can support Aberdeen City Council tenants
We will support you to identify, explore and plan achievable goals. These could be related to your accommodation, health and wellbeing, safety and security, finances, and employment skills.
We can also put you in touch with other services and/or refer you to our partner agencies if required.
Register for Housing Online, speak with your Housing and Support Officer or phone us on 03000 200 292 (option 2).
Other support available
The below support is available to those living within Aberdeen City and you do not need to be an Aberdeen City Council tenant to access these services:
- Aberdeen City Council Housing Advice Service
- Homelessness helpline - 0800 917 6379 (24 hours)
- Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. An emergency service operates from 5pm to 8.30am Monday to Friday. During weekends and public holidays, we provide a 24-hour service
- Shelter Scotland
- Emergency Free food: Times and Places to Collect Free Food
- Alcohol & Drugs: Alcohol and Drugs Action
- Legal assistance: Civil Legal Assistance Office
- Low-cost furniture, carpets, etc: Instant Neighbour
- Financial help and debt advice: Get money advice
- Crisis Grants/Community Care Grants: Scottish Welfare Fund
- Domestic abuse: Domestic Abuse Support