Early Learning and Childcare for 2-year olds
Eligible 2-year old children are entitled to up to 1140 hours of funded ELC, if their family is in receipt of one of the following benefits and allowances:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (income based)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit and your income is less than £16,480
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and your income is under £7,320
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit when your household take-home pay, is £625 or less.
Or if the child is age 2 or over and is or, since they turned 2 has been (in terms of legal status):
- ‘Looked After’ by a local council
- The subject of a ‘Kinship Care Order’; or
- The subject of a ‘Parent Appointed Guardianship Order’; or
- Has a care experienced parent.
Eligible 2 Options
We can offer families places with a choice of location, type, and hours in registered provisions across the city, including:
- Local Authority ELC Settings
- Private ELC Settings
- Registered Childminders
- Gaelic Provision
- Outdoor Provision
- Community Projects
Blended Eligible 2 places
Aberdeen City Council want to deliver an ELC that is flexible and offers choice to families. Parents/ carers will have the choice and flexibility to split their funded hours between up to two different settings (including a childminder). This is referred to as a blended model.
How to apply
To apply for an Eligible 2 place parents/carers will be asked to complete the Eligible 2 Application Form and email to Eligible2@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
Alternatively, applications can be returned to:
Ashgrove Children’s Centre
All enquiries are confidential.
When to apply
We accept an Eligible2 Application Forms for processing six weeks prior to child’s second birthday.
For any child placement should start a school term after child’s second birthday.
|Child born between||Start of placement|
|1 January – 28/29 February||April|
|1 March – 31 August||August|
|1 September – 31 December||January|
If you require more information, please contact the Eligible 2’s Team on 01224 482293 or email: Eligible2@aberdeencity.gov.uk. Alternatively contact Family Information Service email@example.com