Communal bin repairs

Communal bins are provided in areas where there wouldn't be space for every household to have their own bin.

There are three types of communal bin:

  • General waste - these have black lids and are used for all waste that can't be recycled.
  • Mixed recycling - these have blue lids and can be used to recycle paper and cardboard, glass bottles and jars, plastic bottles and containers, and metal tins, cans, foil, foil trays and aerosols.
  • Food waste - the food bin will be located either on the street next to the general waste bin or somewhere else nearby.

If you see damage to any of these bins and would like to let us know we will send a team to carry out any necessary repairs.

If you would like to report an overflowing communal bin this can be done at Waste general enquiries .

Contact the Waste and Recycling team

Contact us
Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.