Contact the Waste and Recycling teamContact us
Communal food bins
Communal food bins are available if you live in a block of flats or tenement where there wouldn't be space for every household to have their own bin. Depending on your property, the food bin will be located either on the street next to the general waste bin or somewhere else nearby.
What you can put in the food bin
- All cooked and uncooked food waste
- Dairy and eggshells
- Meat, fish and bones
- Fruit and vegetables
- Bread, cakes and pastries
- Rice and pasta
- Tea bags
- Coffee grounds
- Solid fats such as butter or lard
- Leftovers from preparing food
- Leftovers from meals
- Out of date food left in fridge or cupboards
What you can't put in the food bin
Please do not put any of the following items in the food bin:
- Pet food
- Household waste
- Food packaging
- Plastic bags or black bags
- Oils or liquids
Food caddy and liners
You can use your caddy and liners to collect food waste inside your house before being taken to the food bin.
if you need more liners, you can collect them from:
- Marischal College Customer Service Centre
- Kincorth Customer Access Point
- Mastrick Customer Access Point
- Woodside Customer Access Point
- Your local library
- Most community centres and learning centres
- Household waste and recycling centres
- Altens East Recycling, Resource and Recovery Facility
The map below shows all the places that you can collect food caddy liners from. You can zoom in and out of the map using the plus and minus signs at the top left, or use the search box at the top right to find an address or postcode and see where you can collect food caddy liners nearby.
Alternatively you can order food caddy liners online.
Please note that once you submit your form it can take up to 10 working days to deliver your food caddy liners.
Would you like to give feedback about the website?