Your data: taxi or private hire car vehicle and driver licences – surrender of licence

How we use your information 

Aberdeen City Council, as the Licensing Authority, collects and records the personal information you provide in this form, along with supporting documentation, in order to process this notice surrendering your licence. 

In processing this notice  surrendering your licence, the Council, as Licensing Authority will share the information you have provided with the Chief Constable, Police Scotland. 

We are required to display this information on a public register. The register will show your name and date of receipt of the notice to surrender your licence.  The register is open to inspection by any member of the public. 

The Council doesn’t share the information you’ve provided with any other third parties, unless we’re authorised or required to do so by law.  

How long we keep your information for 

This notice surrendering your licence and any related documents will be retained by the Council’s Licensing Team for a period of two years, from the date your taxi or private hire car licence expires. 

Your rights 

You have rights in relation to your data, including the right to ask for a copy of it. See the Your data page for more information about all the rights you have, as well as the contact details for the Council’s Data Protection Officer. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office if you think we haven’t handled your data properly. 

Our legal basis 

Wherever the Council processes personal data, we need to make sure we have a legal basis for doing so in data protection law. The Council understands our legal bases for processing the surrender of your licence is Article 6(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in that the Council is exercising its official authority under Parts 1 and 2 and Schedule 1 of the Civic (Government) (Scotland) Act 1982.  

Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.