Your data: Housing Alterations Consents

How we use your information

The Council uses your personal information in order to determine requests for alterations to property owned by the Council or its associated ground. The request will be from either the current tenant or a mutual owner.

The information you provide will be used for the following purposes:

  • To determine if the request is acceptable to Aberdeen City Council.
  • To determine any conditions that will apply in the provision of the consent. 
  • To determine any costs involved in the granting of the consent and the apportionment of any costs.
  • To make any relevant enquiries into current ownership of grounds where necessary.

How long we keep your information for

We will keep your information for as long as the property exists and remains in council ownership.

Your rights

You have rights in relation to your data, including the right to ask for a copy of it. See more information about all the rights you have, how they work in practice, as well as the contact details for the Council’s Data Protection Officer. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office. They are the body responsible for masking sure organisations like the Council handle your data properly.

Our legal basis

Aberdeen City Council is the Data Controller for this information. Wherever the Council processes personal data, we need to make sure we have a legal basis for doing so in data protection law. The Council understands our legal basis for processing personal data in relation to your application as part of our public task.
If, in the course of undertaking this task, we process special category data about health which is relevant to the repair being requested, we understand our legal basis for doing so as being necessary for reasons of substantial public.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.