Your data: External funding opportunities for organisations
How we use your information
The information which you provide for use on the grant funding application form will be used by Aberdeen City Council for the following purposes:
- To confirm your eligibility to apply for funding from various grant funding bodies.
- To assist the External Funding Team to prepare a report for you outlining external grant funding opportunities for your organisation.
- To prepare draft applications on your behalf.
- To compile statistics to evidence the external grant funding secured for the region on an annual basis.
We may also store:
- Personal data in the application forms, and any contact details provided for communication purposes.
- Any offer of grant, or rejection letter relating to applications submitted
- Attendance at funding sessions (including notes of meetings).
Your personal data will be shared with:
Any funding body to which an application is submitted on your behalf, if they require such information.
How long we keep your information for
We use the information provided to determine the options available for organisations to seek external grant funding. This information will be kept for a maximum of 7 years, to coincide with the 7-year funding programme period.
You have rights in relation to your data, including the right to ask for a copy of it. See more information about the rights you have, as well as the contact details for the Council’s Data Protection Officer. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office if you think we haven’t handled your data properly.
Our legal basis
Aberdeen City Council is the Data Controller for this information about you. Wherever the Council processes personal data, we need to make sure we have a legal basis for doing so in data protection law. The Council understands our legal basis for processing personal data in relation to external funding opportunities as Article 6(1)e of the General Data Protection Regulation. This means it is part of our public task of improving the well-being of people in Aberdeen under the Local Government in Scotland Act 2003.
Would you like to give feedback about the website?