Your data: Archives correspondence

How we use your information

Aberdeen City Council collects the information about you in this correspondence in order to be able to respond to the query you have sent us.

Giving us your name and address provides us with a record of who has contacted us and the purpose of the enquiry. It enables us to reply to you, and to keep track of any further correspondence with you relating to your enquiry or other subjects you may ask about. It also allows us to determine whether you are requesting access to information about yourself or information about others. Part of the information you provide is used by us to calculate anonymised correspondence statistics.

The Archives do not share your personal information with any other organisation or Council business area.

How long we keep your information for

We will keep this information about you for 2 years from the date of your enquiry to us.

Your rights

You’ve got legal rights about the way the Council handles and uses your data, which include the right to ask for a copy of it, and to ask us to stop doing something with your data. Please contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer by email or write to:

Data Protection Officer
Marischal College
AB10 1AB

See more information about all of the rights you have.

You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office. They are the body responsible for making sure organisations like the Council handle your data lawfully.

Our legal basis

Aberdeen City Council is the Data Controller for the information you provide. Wherever we process personal information we have to make sure we have a basis for doing so in Data Protection Law. We understand our basis for responding to your enquiries as 6(1)(c) and 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation. This is because this activity is part of our public task and a legal obligation under the Local Government Act 1994.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.