A second hand dealer's licence is required for dealing in the following used goods:
- Bicycles and accessories
- China and crockery
- Clocks and watches
- Domestic appliances
- Electrical and battery powered appliances
- Furniture and carpets
- Fabrics handbags, purses, suitcases and umbrellas.
- Household utensils
- Jewellery and precious stones
- Motor vehicles and accessories
- Musical instruments and equipment
- Paintings and other artistic reproductions
- Records, tapes and video recordings
- Toys, computer and console games
- Computer software
- Video and digital cameras
You must not be disqualified from holding a licence and you must be fit to be the holder of a licence.
The premises or vehicle you use to deal in second hand goods must be suitable for that purpose.
You must not have applied for the same licence within the last year, unless there has been a material change in your circumstances since your last application.