What is a complaint?
A complaint is described as an expression of dissatisfaction regarding our actions, or lack of action, or the standard of service provided by us or on our behalf.
Examples of complaints we can consider include:
- delays in responding to your enquiries and requests
- failure to provide a service
- our standard of service
- council policy
- treatment by or attitude of a member of staff
- our failure to follow proper procedure
What is not a complaint?
There are some topics that we can't consider as a complaint, such as:
- a first-time service request, including housing repairs
- requests for compensation or insurance claims
- issues that are covered by a right of appeal, including:
- Penalty Charge Notices and Bus Lane Fines
- a housing offer or level of priority given to your application
- the Council Tax banding for your property
- planning application decisions, please visit Planning Application Appeals for advice
- a recruitment decision, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01224 523939
- private hire vehicles or taxis, please email email@example.com or call 01224 522878 or 522879
If you contact us about an issue we can't consider as a complaint, we will direct you to the correct department.
Would you like to give feedback about the website?