You can report an abandoned vehicle in Aberdeen city by completing the online form below.
You can report an abandoned vehicle that is on private land or a public road. If reporting an abandoned vehicle on private land, please ensure you have the landowner's permission to report the vehicle before completing the form.
Some of the indicators that a vehicle may be abandoned, but not an exhaustive list:
- the vehicle structure/glass has been damaged by vandalism as opposed to damage caused by a road traffic accident.
- the vehicle has unsecured doors or an open boot.
- the vehicle has been partially or fully burnt out.
Vehicles that are not necessarily abandoned:
- Nuisance Vehicles (often confused with abandoned vehicles);
- Sold on the street as part of a business;
- Involved in local parking dispute;
- Poorly parked / obstruction;
- Broken down.
Untaxed vehicles or those declared as SORN on a public road should be referred to the Driver Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) for enforcement.
Vehicles causing a traffic management issue such as an obstruction or nuisance should be reported to Police Scotland on 101.