This applies to a property which is unoccupied and in possession of the mortgagee (bank/building society) under the terms of the mortgage. The property owner will continue to be liable - although the bank/ building society holds the keys. The property will remain exempt until the bank/ building society has dealt with the property.

Evidence required

A letter from the bank/building society confirming the date that the property was repossessed.

How to apply

You need to apply in writing for this exemption.

Would you like to give feedback about the website?