Property is difficult to let due to proximity of another dwelling

This unlimited exemption applies mainly to empty "granny flats" and domestic quarters. These are deemed to be difficult to let because they form part of the larger property. When they are occupied they will be liable for Council Tax, you will need to inform us.

How to apply

To apply for this exemption you need to apply in writing.

Do you need to talk about Council Tax or Housing Benefits?

Contact us

Would you like to give feedback about the website?