Job Related Dwelling

If you qualify for this discount you could receive up to 50% off your council tax bill.

Qualification criteria

You will qualify for this discount if you use the property as your second home and have a main residence somewhere else and you are:

  • required to live in a second home by your employment (for example if you are a publican and need to live in other licensed premises as a tenant of a brewery); or
  • provided the second home by your employer because it's required for your employment (for example a live in teacher or care taker).

You do not qualify for this discount if you are renting a property because you are working temporarily in Aberdeen.

How to apply

You must apply in writing explaining your circumstances.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.