Contact the Council Tax teamContact us
Disability Banding Relief for council tax
If you qualify for Disability Banding Relief (DBR) we will reduce your council tax band to the band below your existing band. If you are in Band A you will still receive a discount.
You will qualify for this discount if you are:
- substantially and permanently disabled
- living at the property as your main residence
- have had modifications made to the property to accommodate your disability.
You or someone in your household must meet all of the above criteria to qualify.
Modifications to a property could include:
- a room (other than bathroom, kitchen or toilet) that is predominantly used by the disabled person (eg. a treatment room for dialysis)
- a second bathroom or kitchen that has been adapted with lower units or rails
- increased floor space or widening of doors to allow wheelchair access.
How to apply
Apply online or download an application form.
We may contact you to provide evidence in support of your claim or with a view to arranging a visit to your property.
Would you like to give feedback about the website?