From 1st April 2023, you may qualify for exemption from Council Tax if you have entered the United Kingdom under one of the below resettlement schemes:
- the Afghan Citizens Resettlement Scheme
- the Afghan Relocations and Assistance Policy
- the Community Sponsorship Scheme
- the UK Resettlement Scheme
- the Vulnerable Children’s Resettlement Scheme
- the Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme
- The property is the sole or main residence of at least one person who has entered the United Kingdom under one of the above schemes, and
- You are being provided the accommodation without paying rent in return.
This means that if you meet the above qualifying criteria, we will bill your household as if you were not living there or if you live alone you will not have to pay Council Tax. Please see below details on how to apply.
How to apply
Please email evidence of your Visa and official documents confirming you have entered the United Kingdom under one of the above schemes and confirmation the accommodation is being provided without paying rent in return to email@example.com
Please provide details of the address you have moved into and the date you moved into the property.