For the immediate future, all Council and Committee Meeting will be held in the Council Chamber.
Committee meetings will be either recorded and uploaded to the Committee page after the meeting or webcast and viewed live here:- https://aberdeen.public-i.tv/core/portal/home
The Council Committee structure from 14 October 2022 is as follows:
- Anti-Poverty and Inequality Committee
- Audit, Risk and Scrutiny Committee
- Communities, Housing and Public Protection Committee
- Education and Children’s Services Committee (formerly Education Operational Delivery)
- Finance and Resources (formerly City Growth and Resources)
- Licensing Committee
- Net Zero, Environment and Transport Committee
- Pensions Committee
- Planning Development Management Committee
- Staff Governance Committee
- Urgent Business Committee
Committees renamed from 14 October 2022:
Committees disestablished from 14 October 2022:
- Capital Programme Committee
- Operational Delivery Committee
- Public Protection Committee
- Strategic Commissioning Committee
Each Committee has its own distinctive remit which allows it to make decisions. These are known as the Committee Terms of Reference. The Committees meet on an eight week cycle. See the dates of upcoming meetings.
The business of Council and its Committees is governed by the Council's Standing Orders. These are a set of rules which govern the procedures to be followed prior to and at Council and Committee meetings.
Officers also make decisions that help the Council govern and provide services. The Council has delegated powers to officers to give them the authority to make decisions in its behalf. These are outlined in detail in the Powers Delegated to Officers.
Committee meetings are open to members of the public. You can make a request to speak at a Committee meeting by emailing email@example.com and can also submit a petition.