In response to the current COVID-19 situation, the Urgent Business Committee on 20 March agreed to cancel all Full Council, Committee, Sub-Committee and Working Group meetings from 23 March to 21 August 2020 inclusive, with the exception of:-
- Urgent Business Committee;
- Planning Development Management Committee; and
- Appeals Sub-Committee, Business Rates Appeals Sub-Committee, Community Asset Transfer Review Sub-Committee and Licensing Sub-Committee.
The Urgent Business Committee will meet to make decisions on essential business, with the first meeting of the Urgent Business Committee being held on 6 May 2020. In accordance with UK and Scottish Government guidance, meetings of the aforementioned Committees will be held remotely as required. In these circumstances the meetings will be recorded and thereafter published on the Council’s website. You can access the recordings using the link under Related Links below.
The Council Committee structure is as follows:
- Audit, Risk and Scrutiny Committee
- Capital Programme Committee
- City Growth and Resources Commitee
- Education Operational Delivery Committee
- Licensing Committee
- Operational Delivery Committee
- Pensions Committee
- Planning Development Management Committee
- Public Protection Committee
- Strategic Commissioning Committee
- Staff Governance Committee
- Urgent Business Committee
Each Committee has its own distinctive remit which allows it to make decisions. These are known as the Committee Terms of Reference. The Committees meet on an eight week cycle. See the dates of upcoming meetings.
The business of Council and its Committees is governed by the Council's Standing Orders. These are a set of rules which govern the procedures to be followed prior to and at Council and Committee meetings.
Officers also make decisions that help the Council govern and provide services. The Council has delegated powers to officers to give them the authority to make decisions in its behalf. These are outlined in detail in the Powers Delegated to Officers.