About the Council
Aberdeen City Council has 45 Councillors in 13 multi-member wards.
The current political make-up of the Council is:
|Political Party||Number of Councillors|
|Scottish National Party (SNP)||19|
|Scottish Conservative and Unionist||11|
|Scottish Liberal Democrats||3|
|Independent Alliance Group||3|
To find out which ward you are in, use our Interactive Mapping Service. For details on how to contact your local Councillors and/or to attend a Councillor surgery, please use our Your Councillors page.
The Council Administration is a coalition of Labour, Conservative and Independent Councillors. The co-leaders of the Council are Councillor Jenny Laing and Councillor Douglas Lumsden.
Read the Co-leaders' blog.
The Lord Provost acts as Convener of the City Council, Civic Head and Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Aberdeen.
Council decision making
The Council Committee structure is as follows:-
- Audit, Risk and Scrutiny Committee
- Communities, Housing and Infrastructure Committee
- Education and Children's Services Committee
- Finance, Policy and Resources Committee
- Licensing Committee
- Petitions Committee
- Planning Development Management Committee
Directorates and Services
The council structure is based on four directorates in addition to the Office of Chief Executive:
- Communities, Housing and Infrastructure
- Corporate Governance
- Education and Children's Services
- Aberdeen City Health and Social Care Partnership
Would you like to give feedback about the new website?