If you live in Aberdeen city, our benefits and money advice team can provide free, impartial and confidential advice. Our money advisers can:
- Check you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to.
- Help complete benefit claim form.
- Assist you to challenge benefit decision you disagree with.
- Help you to deal with all types of problems debts.
- Provide advice on what creditors can/cannot do and speak to creditors on your behalf.
You can receive advice/assistance by completing our online referral form. Once we have received your request one of our advisers will call you.
Debt/Money Advice Appointment
Before your debt/money advice telephone appointment, there are a few things you can get together to help it run as quickly and smoothly as possible:
- Details of other people in your household, including any children.
- Your employment details.
- Details about your mortgage, or rental payments, including the up-to-date balance, account number, second charges.
- A list of all your creditors, including the account numbers and outstanding balances.
- A list of your household income and regular expenses.
- Hire Purchase details – date taken, when the payments end, terms.
- Details of any current or pending legal action regarding your debts.
- Details of any additional properties you own.
If you are self-employed:
- Details of any business takings and business expenses
After your appointment our adviser will be able to explain which options are available to you. Whatever your situation we will do our best to help you find a solution to manage your debts.
Assistance with health-related benefits forms appointment
Before your assistance with completing a health-related benefit form appointment, there are a few things you could look out to help the adviser.
- List of all the medications you currently receive.
- Read through the form and make any notes.
- Keep a diary of your good days and bad if you have a fluctuating health condition.
- Look out any medical evidence that could support your claim.
- A list of all Health Professionals involved in your care.
Challenging a Benefit Decision Appointment
Before your Challenging a benefit decision appointment, there are a few things you could look out to help the adviser.
- Any decision letter from DWP/HMRC/Local Authority
- Any supporting evidence