We have a range of local children's homes across the city:
- Children are cared for in small settings of between 2 to 6 place homes.
- Young people are staying in care for longer periods of time.
- Residential care can support young people where they experience family crisis and when they are unable to remain with families of origin.
- Our homes are designed to support young people who require throughcare support and those who are assessed to remain in continuing care.
- Our residential childcare workforce is highly skilled, well qualified and supported by a continuous learning framework.
- Care Inspectorate inspections indicate that the quality of care provision is good and very good.
- The service has recently undertaken a review and identified actions for change which will improve the quality of what is provided and young people's experiences of this.