Child protection information for children and young people

All children have the right to be kept safe from harm.

If you're worried about something, or if you don't feel safe and you're not sure what to do, remember there are a lot of people who can help.

If you are worried about your safety, you can call:

  • 01224 306877 (Joint Child Protection Team)
  • 0800 731 5520 (Emergency Out of Hours)
  • 101 (Police Scotland)
  • 0800 11 11 (Childline)

You can also talk to someone in your family who you trust, or to a teacher, a social worker or the Police.


These leaflets explain more about different aspects of keeping children and young people safe:

About Child Protection Case Conferences
About the Child Protection Register
About Medical Examinations

Think U Know

CEOP is an organisation which does a lot of work around online safety for children and young people. Have a look at their website for information on the sites you like to visit, and mobiles and new technology.  Find out what's good, what's not and what you can do about it.

A.D.A.M. website - Another's Drinking Affects Me

This is a website for children and young people aged 11-16 years who may be affected or are concerned by another person's drinking (this could be a Mum, Dad, a grandparent, brother, sister or friend).

A.D.A.M. has been developed in consultation with young people who have experienced harm as a result of someone else's drinking and offers an opportunity to explore IF and HOW they are being affected. There are over 51,000 children and young people in Scotland living with a parent who has an alcohol problem.  Many will suffer in silence and may find it difficult to talk about what is happening at home. A.D.A.M. offers suggestions on how to cope and provides sources of help and support.

If you are worried about a child's safety, please contact us.

Contact us
Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.