Fresh Start Relief of 100% can be awarded for a period of up to 12 months following the reoccupation of certain Non-Domestic (Business) Rates properties.
The following criteria must be met:
- The property has been in receipt of Empty Property Relief for a continuous period of at least six months immediately prior to the new occupation.
- The property has a rateable value of up to £100,000 (effective from 01 April 2023), or up to £95,000 prior to this.
- An application must be completed and returned with evidence that the property is occupied and actively used.
The application must be submitted within 12 months of the date of occupation, relief cannot be backdated any earlier than this. Applications made outwith this time, will not be considered.
Fresh Start Relief is not available for the following:
- Vacant ground/no buildings i.e. car parking spaces.
- Properties which are wholly or mainly used for payday lending.
How to apply
Please download and complete the application form below:
Please return the form to us at the address below or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Rates Team
Aberdeen City Council
Business Hub 16