Translation, interpreting and communication support
InterTrans is a service that provides confidential translation, interpreting and communication support services to users and providers of Aberdeen City Council's services.
The service aims to offer improved access to users of council services whose first language is not English and / or have other communication needs.
If you need to use our service…
- As a council officer – please email us with the details of your meeting
- As a council customer – please ask the officer you are meeting with to make arrangements for any additional communication support needs you may have
The service is operational from Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
Please note, we are not an emergency service. Booking requests should be emailed to InterTrans@aberdeencity.gov.uk with a minimum of 48 hours notice.
For urgent phone interpreting, officers are encouraged to use Language Line.
Contact the Service Co-ordinator if you would like:
- more information on InterTrans
- to book an Interpreter/Translator or to get access codes for Language Line
- to register as a proficient bilingual or multilingual interpreter or translator
- to offer your comments on the service
Interpreting and Translation
Business Hub 1
Lower Ground Floor West
Would you like to give feedback about the website?