As part of the planned reinstatement of our services from Monday 26th April 2021 you are able to access the Central Library for research purposes during a pre-booked appointment slot.
All research appointments must be pre-arranged. Let us know the type of appointment you would like using the online form below or by calling 01224 652500 (Monday to Saturday 10.00am-12.45pm and Monday-Friday 2.00pm-4.45pm).
We will then contact you to arrange a suitable date and time for your appointment. Please do not visit us if you don't have a confirmed appointment.
The following appointment types are available:
- Item(s) request: to request a specific item or items to consult. See this link to Search our catalogue (but please note that not all library stock is listed in the online catalogue - for more information, please contact us)
- Microfilm request: to request specific reel or reels to consult. See this link to see our Newspapers Holdings on Microfilm.
- Research assistance: to consult a range of resources selected by the librarians based on your research needs.
- Intellectual Property (IP) enquiries: including 1:1 IP meetings in person or online with a librarian.
- To support both safe public access and staff safety, adjustments have been made to the library layout to assist in maintaining physical distancing, with non-essential furniture and equipment removed. Optimum occupancy levels will be calculated and maintained to ensure safety.
- Appointment slots will be for two hours maximum but this may be extended to three hours if capacity allows.
- Only resources available in Central Library will be accessible. Current newspapers and magazines will not be available.
- We would ask that you do not arrive more than 5 minute prior to your allocated slot and on time, as late arrivals may not be able to access resources and may need to rebook.
This video details what measures will be in place and what you need to know before you visit us.
Have a look at the Q&As below for more information about this service.
Should you require any additional information, please contact the relevant team:
- Business and Employability enquiries: BusinessInfo@aberdeencity.gov.uk
- Local Studies enquiries: LocalStudies@aberdeencity.gov.uk