Our research appointment service in the Central Library's Information Centre is here to help you access the full range of our resources and research advice from our experienced staff.
These appointments are entirely optional and no booking is required to visit the Information Centre. If you would like a research appointment please get in touch with us and we will arrange a date and time that suits you.
Whatever assistance you need, let us know and we will do our best to help. Below are examples of the type of appointment that are available:
- Item request: to request specific items to consult. See our online catalogue to search our collection. Note however that not all library stock is listed in online. Let us know if you cannot find what you are looking for.
- Microfilm request: to request a specific reel or reels to consult. See Newspapers Holdings on Microfilm to view our stock. We also have a collection of family history resources available on microfilm.
- Research assistance: to get advice on how to proceed with your research or to consult a range of resources selected by our librarians based on your information needs.
- Intellectual Property (IP) enquiries: including 1:1 IP meetings in person or online with a librarian.
All research appointments should be arranged in advanced. Please use the below contact details and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Business and Employability enquiries: BusinessInfo@aberdeencity.gov.uk
- General Information enquiries: InformationCentre@aberdeencity.gov.uk
- Health and Wellbeing enquiries: HealthInfo@aberdeencity.gov.uk
- Local Studies enquiries: LocalStudies@aberdeencity.gov.uk
You can also call 01224 652500 during the Central Library's opening hours (Monday and Wednesday 9am-8pm, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-1pm and 2pm-5pm).
Additionally, enquiries and requests for help can be submitted on our online catalogue through our "Ask A Librarian" service.
Have a look at the FAQs below for more information about this service.