Event management guides
Thank you for choosing to hold your event in Aberdeen.
We recognise the role that events play in adding to the quality of life of those who live, work or visit Aberdeen and appreciate the hard work and dedication that goes into organising these events.
To assist event organisers, we have produced a comprehensive guide which is intended to empower you to plan and manage your events effectively, safely, legally and in line with the standards expected by Aberdeen City Council and Aberdeen’s Safety Advisory Group (SAG).
We welcome all feedback and would like to hear if you found this guide useful, if there are any confusing sections or if links are no longer working. Please provide feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to working with you to deliver safe and successful events in Aberdeen.
Event management guide
- Event Organiser Journey
- Parks and Open Spaces Event Information - coming soon.
- Small and Community Event Guidance
- Parade Good Practice Guide
- Large Event Guide Introduction and General Guidance
- Roles, Responsibilities and CDM Duties
- Planning Meetings, Safety Advisory Groups and Tabletop Exercises
- Communications and Event Control
- Risk Assessment
- Example Risk Assessment
- Fire Prevention and Fire Risk Assessments
- Site Permissions, the Right to Roam and Site Planning
- Crowd Profile
- Traffic Management
- Accreditation, Briefings and Site Inductions
- Medical Arrangements
- Toilet Provision
- Missing Persons
- Accessibility Arrangements
- Coordination of Site Works, Temporary Structures, Electrical Systems and Lighting
- Funfairs and Inflatables
- Waste Management
- Food Safety
- Guide for Caterers
- Noise Management
- Guide for Occasional Licence Holders
- Contingency Planning
- Adverse Weather
- Counter Terrorism
- Event Manual Template
City Events Team
Aberdeen City Council
Would you like to give feedback about the website?