If you have any questions about a vacancy or the recruitment process, please get in touchContact us
What to expect at your job interview
Most interviews with us will be conducted by an interview panel – these will be the same people who reviewed your application and shortlisted you for interview.
A typical interview panel will be made up of 3 people, one of which will be the line manager of the post you’re applying for. Senior management posts will consist of a larger interview panel of up to 12 members.
You can expect your interview to last anywhere between 30 – 45 minutes and it will generally follow a similar format:
- Welcome and introductions
- Get a bit more background from the panel on the job and working with the Council
- Provide the panel with more examples of how you meet the job criteria by answering ‘behavioural-based’ questions and/or through the use of other selection tools
- Ask the panel any questions you have
- Find out the next steps and when you can expect to hear the outcome of the interview
Some interviews may be a straightforward series of questions, others may involve the use of other selection tools such as a presentation, written exercise or a practical test.
Would you like to give feedback about the new website?