Report an abandoned or sub-let Council house

Sometimes tenants leave their properties without telling us they are going. This can result in a Council property sitting empty and it may be some time before we find out. Such abandoned properties can attract anti-social behaviour.

The loss of rental income to the Council can impact on the Services we can supply and it can result in people in desperate need of accommodation having to wait longer than necessary. Often the neighbours are the first to know.

If you suspect that a property might be abandoned by the tenant or sublet to another person without permission please let us know:

  • by contacting your Housing and Support Officer using Housing Online
  • by email to
  • by reporting online
Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.