The Warmer Homes Aberdeen insulation scheme offers free loft, underfloor and cavity wall insulation, subject to a technical survey.
You are eligible to apply for the free insulation if you meet any one of the following criteria:
- You live in postcode areas AB11 8, AB11 9, AB16, AB24.
- Your home is in Council Tax band A-C.
- You or a member of your household receives the state pension.
- You have a child under the age of 5 living in your household.
- You are a registered food bank user.
- You are a Registered Private Landlord.
The scheme is part of the Scottish Government's home energy efficiency programme. Aberdeen City Council supports the scheme in partnership with Scarf who provide home energy saving advice, Home Energy Scotland who provide administrative support, and installation installer Everwarm.
This scheme is currently closed to new applicants.
For information on other sources of funding please phone Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282. This is a freephone number so you will not be charged for the call.
Achievements for Warmer Homes Aberdeen
Since November 2019 the Warmer Homes Aberdeen insulation scheme has funded and completed 184 energy efficiency measures within 169 Aberdeen properties. The measures installed are:
58 loft insulations
22 cavity wall insulations
104 underfloor insulations