Aberdeen City Council Environmental Health service is responsible for ensuring that the Smoke-Free legislation is enforced. You can contact the Smoke-Free team on 01224 523 800 for information and advice on how the ban affects you and your business.
Compliance and cessation
The Scottish Executive has set up ‘lo-call’ phone line that you can contact if you have complaints concerning smoking in any premises. These will be directed to Environmental Health staff in your area.
- Compliance line 0845 130 7250
- Smokeline (quitting) 0800 848484
- NHS Grampian Cessation Advice 0500 066 332
Fixed Penalty Notices
There are three types of Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN):
- Section 1 Offence: person having management or control of no-smoking premises failed to prevent others from smoking in those premises. The full amount payable is £200. The discounted amount is £150.
- Section 2 Offence: smoking in a no-smoking premises/vehicle. The full amount payable is £50. The discounted amount is £30.
- Section 3 Offence: person having management or control of no-smoking premises failed to conspicuously display warning notices in those premises/vehicle. The full amount payable is £200. The discounted amount is £150.
How to pay
You can send a cheque or postal order (payable to Aberdeen City Council). Enclose your Fixed Penalty Notice including the Fixed Penalty number together with a contact telephone number and a note of your name and address.
- Environmental Health and Trading Standards
Housing and Environment
3rd Floor South
You may pay in person at:
- Marischal College Customer Service Centre
Office hours are 9.00am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays).
Remember to bring the Fixed Penalty Notice relating to the Fixed Penalty you wish to pay. If you wish to contest the issue of a Fixed Penalty Notice, you may request a hearing within 29 days of receipt of the Fixed Penalty Notice. If you request a hearing, the payment period will be suspended until the decision of the hearing is notified. If you wish to contest the Notice you must lodge a request for a hearing in writing using the contact below.