Starting secondary school

Every household is located in a school zone. If you want your child to attend your zoned secondary school, you don't need to do anything as they will automatically be enrolled if they already attend primary school in Aberdeen City. Please note that if your child attends an out-of-zone primary school, they will not automatically be transferred to the secondary school associated with it.

You can enter your postcode on our school zone map to find your zoned secondary school: 

You will need to apply for a school place if you:

  • Want your child to go to a different secondary school. 
  • Are applying for a place after the start of the school year.  

Would you like to give feedback about the website?