The School Meals Catering Service provides meals for all schools in the city. The service aims to:
- Provide nutritious, well presented meal choices daily
- Promote the healthier options and actively encourage their uptake
- Be proactive in recipe development and introducing new menu tastes
- Provides a service that meets the highest Health and Safety standards
- Guarantee compliance with all current relevant legislation, including the Scottish Government's nutritional requirements for food and drink in schools (Scotland) regulations 2008
- Work in partnership with Head Teachers, Teaching Staff, Parents, Pupils and other external partners to encourage positive changes in eating patterns over time
- Provide a service that meets the needs of our customers
- Strive for continuous improvements in all aspects of the service
Primary school meals cost £2.10. Tickets can be purchased from the school, paying cash or cheque, or at a Customer Access Point, paying cash, cheque or by debit or credit card. All cheques should be made payable to 'Aberdeen City Council'.
- Marischal College Customer Service Centre
- Kincorth Customer Access Point
- Mastrick Customer Access Point
- Woodside Customer Access Point
Secondary school meals cost £2.35 and are payed for through the Accord Card scheme.
Why choose school meals?
- Provides a third of the nutrients a child requires for growth and development
- Encourages healthy eating from an early age
- Meal entitlement meets the Scottish Government's nutritional requirements for food and drink in schools (Scotland) regulations 2008
- Eating a balanced meal at lunchtime has been shown to aid concentration during afternoon lessons
- Helps develop the social skills of eating within a safe, supervised dining room environment
- Convenient - qualified staff prepare and cook lunch saving you time preparing a packed lunch
- Vegetarian, medically prescribed diets and special dietary needs can be accommodated where possible
- Lots of variety and choice
- Chilled fruit juice, milk or water available with every meal
- Bread included with every meal
- Regular fun days and promotions
- Represents excellent value for money
Special dietary requirements
Healthy eating, vegetarian, multi-cultural and special dietary items are included in menu plans. If you have any specific concerns or requests, please contact the Head Teacher of your child's school.
Education and Children's Services
03000 200 293
Would you like to give feedback about the new website?