Why choose school meals?
- Provides a third of the nutrients a child requires for growth and development.
- Encourages healthy eating from an early age.
- Meal entitlement meets the Scottish Government's nutritional requirements for food and drink in schools (Scotland) regulations 2021.
- Eating a balanced meal at lunchtime has been shown to aid concentration during afternoon lessons.
- Helps develop the social skills of eating within a safe, supervised dining room environment.
- Qualified staff prepare and cook lunch, saving you time preparing a packed lunch.
- Milk or water available with every meal.
- Represents excellent value for money.
Frequently asked questions