We recognise and value the influence and impact that parent and carers have on their children’s lives and learning. The involvement and engagement of families in their children’s learning both at home, school and community is essential to raising aspirations and attainment and ensuring children get the best start in life.
To find out more about how you can get involved in your child's learning, download our leaflet:
Parental Involvement Strategy
The Parental Involvement Strategy 2018-2021 aims to ensure that all parents and carers are encouraged and supported to engage as partners in their children’s learning, and to become involved in the life of the school. The strategy also ensures we continue to build on good practice and create further opportunities for parents and schools to work together.
The guiding principles of the strategy are:
- Parents and families have the most influence on their child’s attitudes, behaviour and achievement outcomes.
- Parents, children and young people and staff are valued partners in learning; everyone has an important and different role to play.
- True parental engagement can only take place when everyone commits to developing an ethos of mutual trust and respect.
- Every parent should be encouraged to take an active role in their children’s education and learning and given the appropriate information and support.
- Parents, children and young people’s views and opinions are valued and should be included and considered when making decisions that affect their family, school and community.
You can download the full strategy here: