These guidelines are based on good practice in the areas of assessment and intervention around dyslexia.
The guidelines cover:
- Legislation relating to Additional Support for Learning
- Definition of dyslexia
- Profile of strengths
- Factors other than dyslexia that can lead to literacy difficulties
- The importance of early childhood literacy experiences
- Staged intervention approaches
- Use of technology to support dyslexia
- National Standardised Assessments for Scotland and SQA assessment and examination
Links to further information about dyslexia, universal support strategies and useful phone numbers are also included as an appendix to the guidelines.
If you are a parent or young person with a query about dyslexia, or the Aberdeen City Dyslexia Guidelines, please discuss this with your child's school.
If you are a member of school staff with a query about the Aberdeen City Dyslexia Guidelines, please contact your link manager.