These guidelines are based on good practice in the areas of assessment and intervention around dyslexia.
The guidelines cover:
- Definition of dyslexia
- Factors other than dyslexia that can lead to literacy difficulties
- The type of difficulties that are often typical of the dyslexic learner
- The assessment process
- Examples of interventions to support dyslexic learners
- Criteria for Kaimhill dyslexia unit
- SQA arrangements
- Transition to post-school education
A Dyslexia Friendly School checklist is also included as an appendix to the guidelines, to be used at the school's own discretion, as a self-evaluation tool.
If you are a parent or young person with a query about dyslexia, or the Aberdeen City Dyslexia Guidelines, please discuss this with your child/s school.
If you are a member of school staff with a query about the Aberdeen City Dyslexia Guidelines, please contact your link.
Would you like to give feedback about the website?