Property left empty by someone who has gone to prison

This exemption applies to the empty dwelling of a person who solely occupied the property and is now in detention. It will not be awarded if that person is in prison for non-payment of a fine. The exemption will be given until the person is released from detention.

Evidence required

A letter stating the detainee's:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Council Tax Reference
  • National Insurance number
  • Date of Birth
  • Date of incarceration

How to apply

Apply online

Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.