The waste and recycling policy sets out:
- How household bins presented with contaminated recyclables will be dealt with and defines what contamination is.
- How waste and recyclables should be presented in authorised containers for households. This also includes the policy for applying for an authorised additional bin.
- What happens when the Council has not collected bins and defines what a "missed" collection is.
- How waste and recycling bins will be collected from roads which are not maintained by the Council, such as rural roads and tracks.
The Household Waste and Recycling Centre (HWRC) policy sets out:
- The purpose and provision of Household Waste and Recycling Centres (HWRCs) in Aberdeen. This includes provision of a convenient service for householders which maximises separation of materials for reuse and recycling.
- The requirement to show proof of address. Only City residents should use HWRCs in Aberdeen.
- The requirement to book an appointment for larger vehicles, trailers, and for disposal of paint and chemicals.
- The limit of 4 bookings per month. Please note this is not yet implemented as the booking system requires further development.
- Information on HWRC waste management licencing which is for household waste only. Commercial or industrial waste cannot be accepted. Site staff have the right to refuse access where vehicles are suspected to carry commercial waste.