Contact the Waste and Recycling teamContact us
Arrange collection of a large item
If you are throwing out furniture or other bulky items that won't fit in your bin, we can collect them for you.
You must make your payment before a collection will be scheduled.
- £25 for 4 standard household items (certain items have an additional charge)
- £12.50 for 4 standard household items if you receive Housing benefit or Council Tax benefits (you must provide your benefit reference number when booking)
- £90 for 1 hour or until the truck is full
- £180+ for house clearance (we will provide a quote depending on the size of the house)
Council tenants are also entitled to have 4 standard household items collected for free each year, running from 1 April to 31 March.
Book a collection
You can book and pay using a credit/debit card by calling the Waste and Recycling service on 03000 200 292 or using the phones at the Marischal College Customer Service Centre.
You can book and pay using credit/debit card, cash or cheque at any Customer Access Point.
Donate items for reuse
You can take any unwanted furniture to your nearest waste and recycling centre. Furniture, bikes and sports equipment in good condition can be left at the reuse container at Grove Recycling Centre in Hazlehead.
The National re-use phone line can help to arrange free collections for a wide range of bulky products such as furniture and white goods on 0800 0665 820, or fill in the online form. They can collect:
- white goods such as washing machines, fridge freezers and cookers
- furniture (soft furnishings such as sofas and chairs must have fire safety tags attached)
They can't collect bathroom suites, toilets or bulky televisions.
Would you like to give feedback about the new website?