Contact the Waste and Recycling teamContact us
Arrange collection of a large item
You must make your payment before a collection will be scheduled.
- £27.50 for 4 standard household items (certain items have an additional charge)
- £13.75 for 4 standard household items if you receive Housing benefit or Council Tax benefits (you must provide your benefit reference number when booking)
- £200+ for house clearance (depending on the size of the house)
Council tenants are also entitled to have 4 standard household items collected each year as part of their rental agreement.
Book a collection
You can book and pay for a collection online using a credit or debit card. We will need to know the items that you want to have collected.
You will be asked to select a date for collection and we will uplift within five working days of this date.
Items must be out for collection from 7am on the date that you select, if the items are not available for collection you will not be eligible for a refund
Please note if you are a business and require an uplift this can be requested at Business waste
You can book and pay using credit/debit card or cash at any Customer Access Point.
Donate items for reuse
You can take any unwanted furniture to your nearest waste and recycling centre. Furniture, bikes and sports equipment in good condition can be left at the reuse container at Grove Recycling Centre in Hazlehead.
The National re-use phone line can help to arrange free collections for a wide range of bulky products such as furniture and white goods on 0800 0665 820, or fill in the online form. They can collect:
- white goods such as washing machines, fridge freezers and cookers
- furniture (soft furnishings such as sofas and chairs must have fire safety tags attached)
They can't collect bathroom suites, toilets or bulky televisions.
Would you like to give feedback about the website?