Bereavement payments

Funeral Support Payment 

Funeral Support Payment helps pay for funeral costs if you live in Scotland. You can use the payment towards funeral costs for a baby, child or adult. This includes babies who were stillborn.

You can get a Funeral Support Payment if you or your partner are getting certain benefits or tax credits.

Find out more and apply for Funeral Support Payment. 

Bereavement Support Payment (BSP)

Bereavement Support Payment has replaced Bereavement Allowance (previously Widow’s Pension), Bereavement Payment, and Widowed Parent’s Allowance. You may be able to get BSP if your husband, wife or civil partner died in the last 21 months. 

Find out more and apply for Bereavement Support Payment

Guardian's Allowance

You could get Guardian’s Allowance if you’re bringing up a child whose parents have died. Claim as soon as child comes to live with you, also claim Child Benefit. 

Find out more and apply for Guardian's Allowance.  

Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.