In my area
Use the Aberdeen City Council Interactive Mapping service to explore your local area
Content Related Links
The Accord Card Scheme
The Accord Card is Aberdeen City Council's smartcard scheme which originally was developed to address issues related to social inclusion particularly the stigma associated with students receiving free school meals.
Today the Accord Card is a means of providing socially inclusive access to a wide variety of local and national services including Scotland wide free bus travel for the older and disabled and Scotland wide concessionary travel for 16 to 18 year olds.
The Accord Card is available to all residents of Aberdeen and to date Accord has issues in excess of 80,000 smartcards with a variety of services such as:
- Cashless catering and vending at all of the councils twelve secondary schools
- Membership and access card to Aberdeen Sports Village
- Free School Meal entitlement
- Scotland Wide Free Bus Travel for the Older and Disabled
- Young Scot, a whole world of amazing offers for those aged 11-26
- Scotland wide concessionary travel and a free young persons rail card voucher for young people aged 16-18
- Library Card
- Access to Leisure
- sQuid eMoney, a faster and more convenient way to pay for those everyday items with your Accord Card
- Residents Discount Scheme
The Accord team is always looking for new and exciting benefits and new services may be added in the future.
For more information please visit the Accord Card Scheme website.
Accord Card top-ups now online for 12 secondary schools
From Wednesday 4 May 2011, parents and guardians can top-up their child's Accord Card online. This new method of top-up means there is no longer any need to give children money to take to school to load onto their Accord Card.
This safe, secure and convenient method of payment can be used by entering the Accord Card number and secondary school online. For full details and to top-up visit: www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/accordpayment.
- Accord Card Scheme
Phone: 0845 345 27 89 or or 01224 34 68 34
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use my travel card to travel on buses outside the local area?
- How can I get a concessionary travel pass?
- How can I get an application form for the card that entitles me to concessionary travel?
- How do I get sQuid on my Accord Card?
- What else do I need to provide along with my application for a travel card?
- Where can I use sQuid in Aberdeen?
- Who is eligible for a Companion Travel Card?
- Who is eligible for concessionary travel?