Your data: potentially foodborne disease investigations

How we use your information

While investigating potentially foodborne disease, Aberdeen City Council keeps a record of the information gathered for a very short period. The information you provide will only be shared with NHS Grampian Public Health Team, although you should be aware they may choose to share the information we provide them with related bodies such as Health Protection Scotland and Incident Control Teams.

How long we keep your information for

We will keep your personal information for up to six weeks, after which it will be replaced by an anonymous reference number.

Your rights

You’ve got legal rights about the way the Council handles and uses your data, which include the right to ask for a copy of it, and to ask us to stop doing something with your data. Please contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer by email on or write to:

Data Protection Officer
Marischal College
AB10 1AB

See more information about all of the rights you have. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They are the body responsible for making sure organisations like the Council handle your data lawfully.

Our legal basis

Aberdeen City Council is the Data Controller for the information you provide. Wherever we process personal information we have to make sure we have a basis for doing so in Data Protection Law. We understand our basis as 6(1)(c) and 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation. This is because we undertake this activity as part of our public task as part of our statutory role under the Public Health etc. (Scotland) Act 2008.

In delivering this service, the Council is also likely to process special categories of personal data. The Council understands our legal basis for doing so as Article 9(2)(i) of the General Data Protection Regulation, because processing is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health.


Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.