Your data: Clinterty Travelling Persons Site tenancy agreement

How we use your information

The tenancy agreement is a legal contract which sets out the rights and responsibilities both of the Council as landlord and you as the tenant of the Council tenancy you have been allocated.

We will use the data you provide to communicate with you as necessary to perform and manage the tenancy agreement.

We will also use the data you have provided to ensure you are offered any support you may need to allow you to stay in your tenancy.

We will also provide you with relevant information on our services and consult with you on any changes we make to the service we offer. We will therefore use your information to allow us to communicate directly with you. This includes communication by our Newsbite newsletter, which is distributed via a third party printer. We will share your contact details with the printers to enable them to do so.

To help you maintain your tenancy and to protect the safety and wellbeing of you and your neighbours the Council will share your information with Social Work Services or Legal Services within the Council, or with NHS Grampian, Police Scotland or Fire Scotland. We only share information on your health with Social Work or the NHS in order to identify any additional advice or support you may need to help you stay in your tenancy or any additional measures needed to protect you or your neighbours.

Where necessary to verify your current housing situation we may share your relevant personal information with the Department of Work and Pensions, regarding any ongoing benefit claim relating to you or your household.

How long we keep your information for

We will keep the information you have provided for as long as you stay in your Council tenancy as a tenant and for 7 years from the end of your tenancy or the last acknowledgement of debt, whichever is later. We will also keep the information updated as required.

Your rights

You have rights in relation to your data, including the right to ask for a copy of it. See the Your data page for more information about all the rights you have, as well as the contact details for the Council’s Data Protection Officer. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office if you think we haven’t handled your data properly.

Our legal basis

Aberdeen City Council is the data controller for this information. Wherever the Council processes personal data, we need to make sure we have a legal basis for doing so in data protection law. The Council understands our legal basis for processing personal data in relation to your application as Article 6(1)(b) and Article 6 (1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation. This is because we have a legal contract with you as a tenant of the Council pitch you have been allocated

We also have duties under the Housing (Scotland) Act 2010 and the Scottish Social Housing Charter, to provide you with relevant information on our services, to assess and consider the accommodation needs of all groups in society, and to consult with you on any changes we may make to the service we offer as part of our public task.

In delivering our service, the Council may process special category personal data. The Council understands our legal basis for doing so as Article 9(2)(g) of the General Data Protection Regulation. This means that it is in the substantial public interest to fulfil our obligations that we have considered all relevant information when making decisions relating to your housing situation, we do this under the Housing (Scotland) Acts 1987, 2001 and 2010.

Would you like to give feedback about the website?