Your data: City Wardens - enquiries and complaints

How we use your information

When you contact Aberdeen City Councils City Wardens regarding the services we deliver, we will record your name and contact details to allow us to investigate. If your enquiry or complaint is about another service the Council provides we will share the information you give us with the appropriate service for our colleagues to action. If your enquiry or complaint is about a partner agency, for example Police Scotland or the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service we will share the information you give us with the appropriate partner agency for them to action.

How long we keep your information for

We will keep a record of your enquiry or complaint for 1 year from the date of your enquiry. Any information recorded in a City Warden notebook will be kept for 6 years and then securely destroyed.

Your rights

You have rights in relation to your data, including the right to ask for a copy of it. See the Your data page for more information about all the rights you have, as well as the contact details for the Council’s Data Protection Officer. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office if you think we haven’t handled your data properly.

Our legal basis

Aberdeen City Council is the Data Controller for the information you provide.   Wherever we process personal information we have to make sure we have a basis for doing so in Data Protection Law.     We understand our basis for processing your enquiry or complaint as Article 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation. This is because we carry out this activity as part our public task under the Local Government (Scotland) Act 2003. 

Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.