We offer a range of ways to pay your business rates. Remember, if you do not pay your Business Rates as detailed on your bill you could incur additional charges.
The easiest way to pay your Business Rates bill is by Direct Debit.
Your direct debit is quick and easy to set up or amend and is covered by the direct debit guarantee. To set up a direct debit you can either:
- Download and complete a Direct Debit Instruction below and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or;
- Download and complete a Direct Debit Instruction below and post to Marischal College, Broad Street, 3rd Floor West, Business Hub 16, Aberdeen, AB10 1AB.
Please remember to have your Business Rates Customer Account Number and payment card details ready.
Business Rates Direct Debit instalments are payable on the 21st of each month over 10 months of the financial year from May to February.
However, if your Direct Debit is set up part way through the year the instalments may be spread over the remaining months of the financial year.
Please note, if you or your bank/building society cancel your Direct Debit whilst a balance remains outstanding an adjustment notice will be issued to you.
Pay your Business Rates online by debit or credit card. Further help with online payments is available on our help page. Please remember to have your Business Rates Customer Account Number and payment card details ready.
We are currently experiencing issues with our online payment system when using Google Chrome. This is being looked in to. However, for now please use a different browser when making online payments on this site.
Call 03000 200 292 (lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm) to use our automated service to make payments for a range of Council services. Please remember to have your Business Rates Customer Account Number and payment card details ready.
Home banking/BACS/Electronic payments
You will need to provide the bank details below and use your Business Rates Customer Account Number as your Payment Reference Number.
Sort Code: 82-60-11
Account Number: 30009067
Account Name: Aberdeen City Council
Please note: If you are paying from outside the United Kingdom, our IBAN number is GB68CLYD8260 1130 0090 67
Our SWIFT Code is CLYDGB21350
You can pay at the following locations:
- Marischal College Customer Service Centre - Debit/Credit card payments only, Monday to Friday between 10.30 to 13.00
- Each year payment of Business Rates is required to be made over 10 instalments, starting from May to February, unless you have agreed a special arrangement with us due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Payments are due on or before the 21st of each month.
- Remember, if you do not pay your Business Rates as detailed on your bill you could incur additional charges.
- You must continue to pay your Business Rates whilst waiting on the outcome of an appeal or application for rates relief